In these complicated, hurried days, there is room for mug meals for our breakfasts, lunches or dinners. You can make them quickly, and they are tremendously portable. They are also a lot more nutritious than most on-site foods. This book best serves singles or couples and is not practical for large families. This book is also a handy item for a kid in a dorm.
If you want to own one book for such a project, we suggest 250 Best Meals in a Mug: Delicious Homemade Microwave Meals in Minutes in paperback by Camilla Saulsbury. Not only do we like some of the “comfort food” recipes we found made from pantry items. Day-long meals are covered:
Breakfast Cereal and Eggs
Soups, Stews and Chilis
When we say “mugs,” we are referring to large crockery mugs, ones with handles and plastic lids, which hold a full 16 oz., (2 cups,) of food. Supermarkets and gadget stores carry them in their utensil area.
Author, Camilla Saulsbury, goes out of her way to assist even a beginner cook make her tasty mug cuisine. For instance, in addition to the recipe with careful microwave timings, she is very generous with variations, inspiring headnotes, “Prep Ahead Options” and helpful tips.
Here are some examples of “Mug Meals,” quick to make:
- Bacon Cheddar Grits with milk, Monterrey and seasoning.
- Mug Enchilada includes enchilada sauce, tortillas, chili beans and cheese.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs calls for frozen meatballs, broken spaghetti, marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Tex-Mex Migas Mug is eggs, cumin, tortilla, salsa and grated cheese.
- Vietnamese Pho is beef broth sugar, ground ginger, soy sauce, broken spaghetti, beef strips and lime juice.
- Irish Champ with Smoked Sausage requires potato flakes, milk, butter, green onions and nutmeg.
- Crispy Cumin Chickpeas are made from canned chickpeas, olive oil and hot sauce.
- Warm White Bean Garlic Spread needs canned white beans olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, hot sauce and parsley.
- Bananas Faster Foster calls for brown sugar, nutmeg, butter, rum or apple juice and lemon juice.
And, there are 241 more!